Monday, February 9, 2009

"HipHopBuggi" - Grapevine - 2008 (Red Oak, music boxes with crank handles, computer and printer parts and various found items. 9"X4"X4")

This item came out of Erin's love for taking things apart, and our newly discovered interest in the "SteamPunk" movement. Erin and I spent a rainy cold Staurday afternoon taking a hammer and skrewdrivers to a printer a boombox and and an old computer. We had such fun with taking it all apart and I couldn't bear to throw all those glorious bits away. We started talking about putting the bits back together in random ways.I had found some old music boxes with crank handles that play "Love Story", "What a Wonderful World" and "Moon River". And so the "HipHopBuggi" was born.

1 comment:

dp said...

Yo T

What a wonderful blog!!!

I can't find youe e-mail address but mine is dpaton@uj.ac.za and my websit is www.theartistsbook.org.za

Hope to get to each other from there

Love D.